Waechter's Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Blogging for Information

I always wonder if what I am writing is useful to all of you who are reading it. I don't have loads of free time on my hands so when I am out of the store I tend to do non related store things. That translates to I don't read a lot of blogs. Maybe I should read more of them, but I doubt that I will get to. So my question to all of you who read our blog is ----What do you want to know about in my blog? Are your interests being met or are we missing the boat? I try to write about the things I think you would like to know about, but maybe I am not focusing on the things you are interested in. Post some comments and let me know what you want to hear about at Waechter's Silk Shop.

For a more fun topic I am sitting and looking at a wall of bolts of the fabric for our Creative Needle dresses. The orders are yet to come, but the magazine has never had more calls from the dealers about a layout as they have had on the one we are in this month. That was a real compliment. We are grateful.

I get excited every day when I walk into the store as we have such beautiful fabrics in the shop. I admit I went a little crazy in the last market and bought some things on top of the receipts I had planned for now so the store is very heavily stocked. If you don't believe me just come see for yourself. The linens alone are enough to make you swoon. I could easily have four or five new outfits from the linen table. The new rayon and rayon blend knits are glorious. Again if all I had was time, I would have at least five or six new t-shirt tops from these knits. They would be fabulous in the wrap dresses that are so popular now. We have the wrap dress pattern back in stock from Stretch and Sew. They had discontinued it just as the Diane Von Furstenburg dresses got hot again, so they had to reprint and bring it back. I only wish they had brought back the figure I had when I first bought those dresses in the early seventies. If wishes were horses-----

We have tons of beautiful silks on hand and some wonderful silk blends. There are some linen and silk blends I can't wait to wear. We also have a ton of glorious silk or silk blend tweeds that are perfect for nice jackets with loads of textural interest.

Kaffe Fassett is coming this fall to speak to the Asheville Quilt Guild and we are adding new prints from him and his stable of designers to prepare for that event. We can't wait to enjoy the creative inspirations of a rock star from the quilting and knitting world.

I am so excited about all that is going on I can hardly stand myself. We are getting great response from our early e-mails for the Linda Lee and Louise Cutting workshops in November. If you want to come, sign up asap. Carol Ahles classes are also filling as we speak and she is such an expert in the field of machine heirloom sewing. It is an honor to have her here.

Hope you are all having loads of creative juices pouring into your projects and enjoying the nice weather. Happy Sewing Joyce

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

ideally, i'd love to know more about upcoming classes/workshops. perhaps just as a reminder that the class takes place in another week or so? you could feature new fabrics, buttons, patterns, notions, as they arrive, too. but, it's important to show photos to entice us properly.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home