Waechter's Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'm Off to the Fair

It is about to be Fair Week for me. I am working madly so I can take off a few days and work harder at a volunteer job. I have this crazy idea (given to me by a long heritage in my family) of helping create the Flower and Garden Competitions and Displays at the Mountain State Fair here in North Carolina. I will be spending at least five days on my feet on pavement putting together two flower shows and overseeing their judging. Fortunately, my co-chair and I have helpers from the Buncombe County Master Gardeners.

The part you want to know about all this is about my preparation to take these days off and do community service. I have just completed photographing more than 200 new fabrics and trims to go onto our web. They will be installed next week if all goes well.

We are placing orders for Holiday gift items to arrive the end of the month. They will also go onto the web. Now you can come in and buy a cute holiday gift or hostess gift while shopping for your sewing needs.

I also hope to complete the fourth quarter newsletter in the next few days. It can get posted on the web and will include our newest class roster and all the info of things coming to our store. We will be discussing a few fashion trends we see and have lots of fabrics for. There is no reason you can't be as up to date with your fashion sewing trends as the major fashion stores are showing this season. Check out capes, white blouses, dresses, and lots of things in velvet. We have already sold out some of the colors of velvet we just received this last month. Wools are also disappearing at an alarming rate. It should be an elegant fall.

Have a great week while I am volunteering and happy sewing. Joyce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home