Waechter's Blog

Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer Thoughts

I can't believe it is the fourth of July in two days. I love the summer so much and almost dread the fourth because once it is here, summer is over in a snap. To validate my fears wools and fall fabrics are coming in the back door --- we don't really have a back door. Our back door is the cute UPS man or chick who lugs the heavy boxes to the back of the store and into the office.

Cashmeres and camel hairs are in our posession. I did not buy a lot of these fabrics as they have a price befitting of their grandeur. We love them none the less. The cashmere comes in vicuna color, black, and rose coral. The camel hair is camel. Fancy that coincidence. We are also starting to get a boat load of the beautiful wools I bought from Anne Klein end cuts. One is more gorgeous than the next. There are several gray pieces and that is supposed to be the fall color of choice. I hope you love them as much as I do. Gorgeous burn outs and velvets are starting to come in. We also got a large shot of new batiks. The girls were fighting over them for sure. However, I did not catch Karen praying to the cashmere this fall. After the last time we caught her doing that, she will make sure to come in early to sneak her prayers with no witness.

We have new patterns from Decades of Style. There is a new skirt, dress and top. One is more adorable than the next. There are some cute vintage looking cottons. Some are solid and some are prints. Their colors are year round. Karen is checking in new trims and buttons. We just received a three inch wide satin ribbon which we have had requests for. I bought bag handles for the first time. They are really gorgeous. I will enjoy seeing if the customers agree.

Japanese cottons rolled in the back door this morning. Those always garner oohs and aahs from my staff. All in all the store is starting to turn into a reflection of fall. It's inevitable but all too soon for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your shop today (I was the one with the 2 boys).Although I'm a beginner to the sewing world I've been around high quality fabric shops all my life, because my mother sews and yours is definitely one of the best! Love it, and I'll be back.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home