Waechter's Blog

Friday, April 02, 2010

Colette Patterns and Anna Maria Horner Voiles!


I've been waiting and dreaming and hoping and at last - they are here! We have 7 new patterns by the talented Sarai Mitnick who is the mastermind behind Colette Patterns. As we all know - women of every size and flavor are talented, beautiful and sparkly - which is why we love Colette patterns. Sarai creates great patterns that are incredibly well made for sizes 0 (33" bust) to 18 (46" bust). I mean very well made and with great instructions -and coming from a pattern drafter, that is high high praise. All of the different versions of these patterns that I have seen fit and flatter. The patterns lend themselves to many different fabric interpretations which leads me to Miss Anna Maria Horner...


We have 4 of her beautiful lightweight, airy and silky smooth voiles and I'm telling you - combine them with the different colors of linen/silk ribbed fabric we keep in stock and you will dazzle! In particular might I suggest the Macaron dress with voile on top and linen/silk rib on bottom?

Or how about the Beignet Skirt in a Japanese Cotton or a twill with voile-covered do-it-yourself buttons and narrow belt.

Anna Maria Horner voiles are great for children's clothing as well of course! I am also thinking of making a soft and light sarong for beach days -or secret swimming hole moments. I love the pink one with buildings and willowy trees.


And a ribbed silk/linen:



Happy dreaming, combining, and sewing!
-Sarahbeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home