Waechter's Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Quiet Afternoon in the Sewing Room...

Well we all know we just can't keep Laura Casey from sewing, creating and dreaming! Here's her latest fun project: Perennial Pajama Pants!!! Inspired by the new fantastic flannels that we are receiving for winter, she couldn't help but take an old favorite pattern and give it a twist.

Flannel:

http://www.fabricsandbuttons.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HEIRLOOM-12757&Category_Code=NewProd

Sign up for her Perennial Pant Class to receive one on one help and fantastic ideas about how to make this pattern sing for you. Tuesday October 13th 10-2.

In the mean time - enjoy these photos and some Laura Casey sewin' comments:

"After seeing the great flannel's Waechter's got in - I NEEDED some... so 2 & 1/2 yds -cut washed and thrown in the dryer - and it didn't shrink and inch - not one!"
"We all know this is my favorite pattern - so after using it to bits -I've done myself the favor of copying it onto tracing paper ... nice and sturdy."

"I love using pattern weights - I can lay out all the pieces and make sure they fit without pinning and re-pinning - it saves so much time - just move and go!"

"I always use 1 1/4" elastic -for every pant garment - and I don't care what color it is either - no one sees it once it's in. Also I like to put my elastic in as Lois Hinse patterns show - it's neat and gives a more professional look."


This is a detail of the Perennial Pant Darts - I love the look in flannel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

Oh my! I have just found, with the help of my friend Samantha @ the Handmade Dress, my candy store. I love your magazine! Oh, so does my 5 yr. old daugther. I couldn't get her away from the computer to view it for myself. :)
We are new pattern designers and always looking for new (to us) ways to use color and notions in our clothing. You've got it!
I love the pajama pant, too. My son is eyeing a pair, now.
I've been sewing since 5 myself and love to see clothing, fabrics, and create. Like Elizabeth, I've always got to be creating something, and rarely follow the given directions, hehe.
Thank you for what you do to inspire the likes of us.
If you feel so inclined stop by our blog and give us your opinion. Expert opinions only make one better.
Blessings,
Debbie

12:49 PM  
Blogger In My Dreams said...

Have you ever tried tracing your favorite patterns onto freezer paper? If you are going to sew on any fabric that is iron-friendly, you simply press the freezer paper pattern on and cut away! Peel the paper off and save it for use again. I can get several uses out of one tracing before I have to do another...
Thanks so much for sharing your tips and expertise!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home